Orthodontics for Teens
Braces, retainers, and everything else you want to know about orthodontics!
You’ve just heard the three words that every teen dreads: “YOU NEED BRACES!”
Braces! What now?
Don’t worry! They aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, which makes life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
How long will I have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- Early treatment — Early treatment allows orthodontists to monitor the growth of the jaw and recommend further orthodontic treatment if it becomes necessary. Not everybody receives early orthodontic treatment, and in some cases it may be recommended that a patient wait until later to receive treatment.
- What needs correction — The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently: While it may take one patient only 12 months to complete the treatment, it may take another 24 months. Treatment times will vary, depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you desire.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances Dr. Neely gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
Braces Your Way!
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles to choose from. Some common options include:
- Clear ceramic braces
- Invisible braces with Invisalign Teen® clear aligners
- Traditional metal braces colored silver, titanium, or 24k gold to match your style and go with your complexion
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many people your age. Though they might have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good! Please contact our practice to schedule your next orthodontic checkup.